Here is how links grow popularity with them going to and from your website, blog posts and pages. Best use link building strategies to maximise your search engine marketing (SEM) efforts.
Search engine crawlers see links as the streets between articles that the spiders or bots follow as part of the search engine indexing process.
Positive quality link structures are an important part of the search engine marketing (SEM) of your overall website.
Links are one of the elements and influential in off the page part of search engine optimisation (SEO). Stay away from negative links that violate your SEO. More here.
This blog is my knowledge about the subject in conjunction with a review of Chapter 7 “Growing Popularity and Links” from MOZ beginners Guide to SEO. More here
Link Building Strategies.
1. Add a Blog to your website. A blog adds value to your website if you consistently add fresh material that builds a library of valuable information.
2. Create valuable quality content using the best and latest SEO practices as this will build your brand gaining the authority that is trusted increasing your search engine ranking.
3. Be newsworthy about something new, a product, service or a process.
4. Have your customers link to you especially regular buyers who love your brand.
5. Avoid buying links as sooner or later search engine algorithms find you , downgrade or close down your website. Buying links and spammy practices eventually will cost you dearly.
Here’s how Building Links Grow Popularity…
#1. Quality Links are important.
Search engine algorithms check your linkages and depending on the quality of links, relevance and relationship will index your site accordingly. Quality links add to your websites SEO.
The more popular the better. When you have become the authority that people trust then you will find that people and search engines will use you as the preferred niche reference.
When you consider that some 50% of all website articles are spam. Anyone who provides valuable quality content over time or who represents a reputable organisation such as a University, Government or the like their websites are going to be trusted far more than someone flogging spam or thin content.
Link to trusted and respected website.
By linking to trusted and respected website search engines will see you in the same light. By being associated with spammy websites and practices that is how you will be seen.
Use of anchor text (Alt text) with keywords or keyword synonyms adds to SEO and ranking.
Ensure your page and post link are up to date and have popular links to respected websites that are relevant. Out of date information detracts from your website visits and therefore ranking.
Social links have expanded rapidly since 2011. Take advantage of these especially Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and there are hundreds of others.
Customers and Suppliers.
Make use of your relationship with customers and suppliers. Have them link with you and in return link to them.
Give something away for free.
Its a great way to engage with customers and new visitors.
#2. Link building types.
Link building is an art as it requires creativity and consistent work to get your links out there. It will vary in style depending on your website and market target.
Natural editorial links.
Providing quality content to link other pages or posts in your or external websites.
Manual outreach links.
Listing on directories or emailing prospects.
Self created and non editorial
Through commenting, forums, guest books, etc.
But avoid what could be considered spammy
#3. Start a link building campaign.
Firstly, you need to set some strategies and targets and then you need to be able to measure those.
Consider including these
- Number of links in an article – fewer links the better (5 is better than 50)
- Back links to websites that rank well
- Referral traffic
- Back link to keywords use on respected and successful websites
- Link to websites with high Domain Authority
- MOZrank have a system that allows you to increase articles popularity
Concluding how to Grow Popularity with Links…
The above is how links grow popularity with them going to and from your website, blog posts and pages. Best use link building strategies to maximise your search engine marketing (SEM) efforts.