Its possible to find affordable website designers and avoid being scammed if you spend time doing some due diligence on potential suppliers.
When you consider that over 90% of all websites are not optimised for effective search it is paramount you spend time on linking up with the right SEO website designer for a successful website.
Beware of website designer traps.
When an organization will not provide you with your ability to log in to your own website and have some control you should become suspicious and best you walk away.
Imagine this real life experience…
I have a client who signed up with an Indian web design company some 16 months ago on the basis of a cheaper website and a fast talking sales person.
- they find their website is incomplete
- content is lightweight
- has a large number of pages established with no content
- is big on keyword stuffing
- has regular ongoing expense to cover hosting and maintain the search engine optimization of their website – I call that website designer lock-in
When an organization will not provide you with your ability to log in to your own website and have some control you should become suspicious and best you walk away from them as you will have ongoing expenses outside your control.
Beware of these website designer traps…
1. Getting value for money
Unfortunately there are many organizations on the internet that do not provide value for money such as
A. Larger website design companies which have additional costs to cover
- office space rental
- additional salaries for reception, sales and management staff
- larger organisation overheads
- the company owners and investors require a return on their investment
B. Website designer hacks who design ineffective websites that are cheap
2. Being locked-in to a website designer
Many customers believe they own and control their website but this is not fact unless you can login to your
- domain name
- hosting of your domain name
- website back office
3. Does your proposed website designer provide
- references that you can check on
- examples of work completed
- a free consultation
- looking for work to be completed within set time periods at a clearly defined pricing structure
- a written and signed proposal
- a clear benefit to potential clients within their competitive advantages and unique selling points
Be comfortable that your designer will stick to their commitment and will not disappear once the deposit has been made.
Best you talk to some of the designers past clients to see if they were satisfied that the designer delivered on their agreement.
5. Are you getting results from Pay-Per-Click
Pay per click advertising can run into hundreds of dollars per month. Pay per click must be set up and supported in the right manner or it will burn your dollars at a great rate with little results.
You need to closely monitor that this advertising is effective. In fact I am not a great lover of pay-per-click advertising as I do not see the average small business get value for money.
6. Save dollars.
Customer and clients that are undecided lead to a quantity of reworks which creates additional costs.
Good web designers will ask the right questions to speed up the process.
An affordable website designer you can trust…
When all you want is a web designer who is competent in design and construction using the latest and best SEO practices without the hype or cost.
David McCracken SEO does provide affordable website designs to put your website above the 90% of websites that are not optimised
- giving you complete control of your website domain, hosting and website back office
- using the best and most universal CMS platform in WordPress
- building on mobile responsive high quality themes from Studio Press using the Genesis platform.
- using quality WordPress plugins to enhance your website design
- all pages and blog posts are optimised with the latest and best SEO practices
- incorporating your competitive advantages and unique selling points
It is possible to find affordable website designers and avoid being scammed if you spend time doing due diligence on potential suppliers. But beware of the above website designer traps