Latest updated 1 June 2015
SEO is the science behind website design and website success…
The SEO and SEM advice and education I provide is in a format more suited to the beginner, intermediary and non technical readers than the experts although I do look and gain information from the experts.
I will work with you to build your online presence without the craziness, hype and high cost. It is going to need commitment by both of us – are you ready, I am…
A great way to understand the relationship between SEO and SEM is to use a cake as the analogy. There are two distinctive parts to a cake the ingredients and the baking with icing to top it off
- the SEO is where you need the ingredients mixed together in the correct proportions. More detail here
- the SEM is the baking and icing that makes your cake a success
Why the need for SEO
(Search Engine Optimization)
The best SEO is the adding of unique valuable content. Be the hub not the middleman…
Search engines are looking for the best answer to the question people are asking. To be found in search we need to provide information in the format that search engine algorithms require.
If you produce post and pages with the best and latest SEO practices in conjunction with SEM (Search Engine Marketing) you will gain better ranking and be found when a visitor searches for information.
If you produce post and pages with little consideration to SEO and SEM you are wasting your time, effort and money.
Let me explain a little:
- Google are around 85% of all internet search so to be found more times in search we must “dance to Google algorithm rules.”
- Google have a series of algorithms that are constantly scanned by spiders across your complete website indexing the information and storing into huge data banks
- When a visitor to the internet types in keywords or your business name into any search engine, if done well using SEO the visitor will be directed to your website. If not well done you may never be found
How the SEO process works
SEO is designed for people first and search engines second.
SEO uses a series of tactics within a strategy to make your website more visible. Increased visibility will increase the number of visitors to your website.
- A strategy is a carefully devised plan of action to achieve a goal
- A tactic is the detailed course of action to achieve that goal (strategy)
Excellent SEO will provide a higher ranking to your website. The higher ranking the more likely your website will be found in a visitor search.
Good site navigation also assists SEO with the use of categories, tags and headings. In addition natural links to other post and pages of relevance and a site map plugin will help.
Keywords are the most important elements of SEO to gain search engine attention is with quality content using popular keywords to provide answers to visitor search.
Search engine ranking is where your website is placed on those millions of index site listing. So it takes a great deal of effort, persistence over many months, quality content with a high level of SEO and hard work to finish on page one.
You also need SEM
(Search Engine Marketing)
SEM is the marketing of your website having more people visit…
SEM is also a series of tactics within a strategy to make your website more visible to gain more visits.
SEM is the process of enhancing your website exposure on the internet by positioning your website in additional areas with linkages, linkages and more linkages to gain additional exposure.
Such areas as
- A blog is vital to keep your website active and receive more visitors
- Commenting on blogs, networks and forums generate linkages
- Video with YouTube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Vimeo
- Networking and building relationships with – example Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, You tube, Local business directories
- Social Media links provide connection to the wider community – examples Twitter, Pinterest, Delicious, Stumble upon, Springpad and the like
- Articles in classified advertising sites – go for the free ones. example Adpost, classified Giant, Global free classified ads, etc
SEM goes hand in hand with SEO but if an article or website is poorly presented in SEO design no amount of SEM will lift your website ranking.
For the latest on SEO and SEM, look at the blog post SEO do’s and don’ts for success where I explain about “The periodic table of SEO success factors”.
For your website to be successful you must maintain an active website, incorporate all the major elements of SEO and SEM over an extended period of time.
We constantly update our SEO and SEM practices with the latest developments
We stay on top of the latest in SEO and SEM practices with some of the worlds best trainers. These guys run weekly webinars for training and interaction of the best ideas.
For real results for success online we are the professionals who are on top of the latest developments in website design, construction and operation.
David McCracken on Google+!